Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Lights, Camera, Action!

Yesterday, our house was magically transformed into a movie set.  I'm sure you're all wondering how this came about.  I have a good family friend who directs commercials.  He does a lot of work for Coca~Cola (mainly the Lagoon commercials).  He called my dad up looking for a specific house to do a commercial for a mortgage company.  My dad described our house, they came and took a look, and it was just what they were looking for.  They told us there was a location fee, so I thought sure! Sign us up! We got paid to have people film at our house.  It was pretty cool.  The night before I didn't really know what to expect.  I didn't know how many people there would be.  I thought maybe around 7-10.  Well, 7:00 a.m. rolls around, and the masses started to show up.  They had a wardrobe girl who had a giant rack of clothes in my room, then a make-up artist for the actors, the producer, directer, lighting guy, set designer, electrician, project manager, assistant director, assistant camera man, assistant to the producer, two actors...and a couple of neighbors wandering in to see what was going on.  My whole house was being used.  Even the garage where there was a little snack station set up.  I always knew a lot went in to film making and commercials, but yesterday I got a big dose of what goes on to make just a short commercial!  It took the entire day.  7:00 a.m. until 8:00 p.m. last night.  Jake and I had to be somewhere at 6:30 so we left them there.  I was a bit worried at what we'd come home to at the end of the night.  As we pulled in to our driveway, I thought, gosh I hope our house isn't a disaster.  I opened the door, looked around and our house was EXACTLY the way it was before they got there.  Everything perfectly back in its place.  (They had to move all the furniture).  They took pictures of everything before they moved it so that when they were done, they could move it all back to the same place. They even sent cleaning ladies to clean my house today!  They are cleaning as we speak.  I had such a fun time being in on all the action yesterday.  It made me appreciate all the hard work that goes into film-making.  I can't even imagine what a big movie would be like.  Here are a few pics from the day.









The pictures aren't very big.  I took them with my phone, but you get the idea.  

2 comments:

  1. Wow that's awesome! I hope I get a chance to see the commercial!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very neat. I hope you feel flattered, because you should! Now I want to see pics of your house!

    ReplyDelete