Monday, March 7, 2011

Soup to Warm Your Soul...

Last week I made the yummiest soup ever!  I am posting this because I think everyone should make it, and I thought it was pretty easy; not to mention I finally got to use my lovely green pot to cook it in!





You can find the recipe here.  Cut zucchini in bite-size chunks, chop up an onion, and chop up some fresh parsley.  I actually used my scissors to cut up the parsley.  I think it worked better than a knife. :)




Add a little butter and melt it in the bottom of the pot.  Add the zucchini, onions, fresh parsley and basil. (I used dried basil because that's what I had) Saute the veggies...and continue following the recipe.  I also used organic chicken broth because it has about half the sodium than regular and I used a can of fat free milk.  I love this soup because it is broth-based.  Creamy soups are always so yummy, but very fattening.



And here is the finished product!  It was de-lish!!! I ate the left overs for about 3 days after that.  

I also made this very easy "Peasant Bread" from the Ivory "Favorites" cookbook.  You can get the books here.  If you don't have these cookbooks, I HIGHLY recommend them! They are my fav! 
The bread isn't perfect looking (yes, I am a rookie) but it was so yummy right out of the oven.  





I can't wait to make this delicious, hearty soup again!  It was just what the Dr. ordered for these cold, dreary days.  Mels Kitchen Cafe is the best website for cooking.  I have another one of her recipes in the crockpot right now-pineapple salsa chicken.  Can't wait to try it out!

3 comments:

  1. Can you say yummy! My mouth is salivating and I'm not even hungry. I am going to be brave this week and make this soup and bread. I will let you know how it goes. Thanks for sharing girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i do love your green pot- the soup looks pretty tasty too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at you becoming so domestic and such a good little house wife. Way to go! I'm excited to give this soup a try. Thanks for all the b day wishes sorry I missed your call it turned out to be a busy day.

    ReplyDelete