Sunday, February 13, 2011

~Feathers~

Last Monday I went to work and about a half hour into the day, a little girl in my class said, "Mrs. Larsen, what's in your hair?" I replied "Feathers.  I turned into a bird over the weekend." She had a very confused look on her face.  (Then I told her what they really were.  It was pretty funny.)  My cousin had a boutique at her house last Saturday, and a lady there was doing feather hair extensions.  I thought, you know, just because I teach first grade doesn't mean I have to be completely conservative ALL the time (when you have little girls watching your every move and every outfit, you have to be careful) so I said what the heck! And I got two little feather extensions in my hair.  The hairstylist that did it said she just got back from a hair show in Long Beach and said it's the "new hot thing".  So now I am a little bit bohemian, a little bit trendy, and I feel kind of good about that-because I never feel trendy.  I think everyone needs a little spunk in their life.  I only paid $3-really cheap.  I know professional salons are doing it for between $9-$45 depending on how many feathers.  I've washed them, dried them, curled them, and flat ironed them, and they do whatever I want them to do.


I have two- a turquoise one and a white one.  Jake asked me what Indian Tribe I was from. 

1 comment:

  1. I love the feathers! I have been tempted to get some myself, but I wasn't sure how they would look with my short hair. I like them in your hair though. :)

    ReplyDelete