Monday, November 22, 2010

~thankfulness~

I know I shouldn't be admitting this, but it has been hard to think of so many things I am grateful for.  I can always think of a million things I'm "ungrateful" for-- like certain hellion children in my class, cold weather, etc.  BUT I am grateful that I challenged myself to think of at least one thing I'm thankful for every day.   I know some of them are materialistic things, but hey, there are just some things I can't survive without!  So here goes another list...

15.   Tomorrow is my last day of work for a whole entire month!! These are the perks of teaching year-round school.  It's the best Christmas present ever!  I love teaching, but it definitely wears me out! So ready to relax, celebrate my birthday, get ready for Christmas, go to Christmas parties and go on our real honeymoon  Crusie in the Carribean!!!

16.  I am thankful for my cozy cabin in Island Park.  We will be feasting together here on Thanksgiving with my family.  NOT looking forward to the -3 high temp on Wednesday though.  Yuck!
 17.  Minnetonka Moccasins.   The first thing I do when I get home from work is put these little guys on.   I don't really like wearing socks and I hate it when I have to walk on the cold floor.  These moccasins are so soft and comfy inside and I love the rubber sole so I can wear them outside too!
18.   Target.  Target is honestly the best store in the world.  They have EVERYTHING here!  I could go here every day and be happy; and I don't even have to buy anything.  Now that's true love!





19.   The Utes finally won another game! They had a slow start but at least we had a real game to watch in the end!

20.  Hip and Humble.  I LOVE this store.  Everything about it.  You can buy me anything in this store and I would be a happy girl!  My favorite is the Meyer's dish soap in the Basil flavor.  I swear I would drink that stuff if I could! And good news for me, they actually sell this stuff at Wal-Mart now and it's cheaper! Who knows, maybe it's a little watered down or something but it goes in water eventually anyway so who cares!



22.  My clock that shines the time on the ceiling.  I know you're probably thinking this is a grandma thing to have, but I have had this clock since about 9th grade I think and I can't sleep without it.  I hate waking up in the middle of the night not knowing what time it is.  The clock shows the time on the ceiling all night, but the good thing is it's not bright so it doesn't bother me.  Love it.  Ya'll should invest in one too.   This isn't the one I have, as mine is a little dated, but I would like this one if mine ever breaks?




22.  My husband who likes to cook with me.  I don't think many women can say this.  It's our "bonding" time and we have fun doing it.  We are both learning, but thankfully no horrible meals yet! (knock on wood).  Two brains in the kitchen are better than one right?  We made yummy sweet and sour chicken the other night and it was so delicious!  Here is the recipe:

Sweet and Sour Chicken
from My Kitchen Cafe (www.melskitchencafe.com)

*Note: if you like extra sauce, double the sauce ingredients - pour half over the chicken and follow the baking directions in the recipe and pour the other half in a small saucepan. Cook the sauce on the stovetop at medium heat for 8-10 minutes until it simmers and thickens. Serve it on the side of the chicken.

*Serves 4-6

Chicken:
3-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
Salt and pepper
1 cup cornstarch
2 eggs, beaten
1/4 cup canola oil

Cut boneless chicken breasts into chunks. Season with salt and pepper. Dip chicken in cornstarch and then in egg. Fry in a little oil until brown but not cooked through. Place in a single layer in a baking dish. Mix sauce ingredients (below) together and pour over chicken.

Sauce:
¾ cup sugar
4 tablespoons ketchup
½ cup vinegar
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon garlic salt

Bake for one hour at 325 degrees. Turn chicken every 15 minutes so it is evenly coated with the sauce. Serve the chicken over rice. 

This was our final product. It was very tasty!

I hope you all have a happy and safe Thanksgiving! 

1 comment:

  1. That sounds delious! I am going to make it! I love all the things your thankful for!

    ReplyDelete