Tuesday, April 17, 2012

It's been a while...

I guess you could say I'm a bit bored tonight.  I haven't slept all day and I've tried.  Every time I try, someone calls or comes to visit, which is just fine, just hard to take a dang nap! I'm blaming it all on the percocet.  I haven't blogged here for a while so I decided to post a few things we've been up to lately.  And if I don't make sense, again, blame the percocet.

I had surgery on my nose today.  I have a perforated septum, meaning there was a hole in my nose that went straight through.  So they had to do a skin graft and cover it up.  So far I've felt great all day.  Just a lot of bleeding in my nose. It has finally slowed down quite a bit though.  I'm glad I'm on this end of it because waiting for this day has stressed me out for weeks now.  This was my first big surgery and I handled it like a pro.

Here are a few pics from the past few months.

I've already posted hideous pics of me on instragram today so I guess this pic says no shame.  This is why I got surgery.  If you get grossed out, don't look at this pic.  And I can't believe I'm posting this for the world to see.  Maybe it's the drugs I'm on.  I'll probably regret this later haha.
This is why I had to have surgery.  See that small hole? Disgusting.  They just went in and covered it up.  Now I have a splint up there for two weeks.  My biggest fear was not being able to breathe through my nose. To my biggest surprise,  I can breath pretty well, the splint is super uncomfortable though.

I just have to brag about my sweet husband for a minute.   That boy takes DANG good care of me.  I asked him to give me a Priesthood blessing last night because I was a little nervous for the surgery.  I am so thankful for a husband who is worthy to do this.  After he was done, I went in to brush my teeth and came out to this little bed he set up for me with my computer all plugged in and blanket laid out nicely on the couch.  I had to be at the hospital at 5:30 a.m. so he wanted to make sure it was all ready for when I got home.  He spoils me.  Not to mention he has been waiting on me hand and food all day long, and surprised me with Downton Abbey season 2!  He planned it so it would be delivered at our door form Amazon today.  Jake you are amazing!  Thank you for taking care of me today, and every day!
Ok, enough of my sappiness.


5:30 a.m. check-in time, only to play the waiting game until 7:30!
I had to wear this beautiful thing all day but it literally saved my life.  I had to change the gauze every 30 minutes it was bleeding so bad, but I'll take blood over the pain any day!  And no, I'm not posting this picture because I think I look good.  I look awful!
My ghetto hand-filled ice bag.  Middle finger.  Sorry inappropriate. I don't care.   I feel a little like this right now haha
Oh, and how could I forget!  I have to wear beautiful white compression socks that go all the way up to my thighs for two weeks.  They are so attractive! and hot!
Ok, enough surgery talk.  It's all that's on my mind today.

In March, we had a new addition to the family.  My brother Brad had his fourth girl.  Hattie.  She is a doll.




Last week, Jake had the awesome opportunity to go to San Francisco to the YouTube and Google headquarters.  He was definitely in his element.  He bought me this cute little Android shirt.  He said the girls at the Google store helped him pick it out.  He was quite proud, and I was quite happy.  Thanks Jakers!


Over Easter, Jake's family rented a condo for the week down in St. George.  I didn't have to work Friday so we went down Thursday night.  It was the perfect, much needed little getaway.

Thursday, we golfed.  Well I only golfed 9 holes and since I'm the only one with a road bike, I went on a little ride by myself while everyone golfed the other 9 holes.  I love biking down there.  So many fun little bike paths.



Saturday, long morning walk & pool time.

A pretty overlook in Snow Canyon
No, my zipper is not down.  My pants are just retarded.
Awesome Saturday night stroll on our bikes.



And last but not least, if you haven't read this book, GET IT! NOW!  It is really good and inspiring.  Such an amazing story.  You can check out her blog here too.  



Alright, enough out of me.  Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment