Sunday, April 22, 2012

Happy Earth Day!

Yesterday was the first day I got out of the house for a long period of time.  It felt so nice to be out on such a beautiful day.  It started out by going up to the U of U to hear my mom's organ recital at Libby Gardner hall.  Hearing the organ in that hall is absolutely amazing.  My mom was just this little person on a giant organ.  Some day I want to take organ lessons.  It really is such a cool instrument.  After the recital, we went down to City Creek and ate at the Blue Lemon.  It looked amazing, but since my sinuses are all messed up, I couldn't taste a thing! I'll have to go back when I'm feeling a little better.



Today, we went on a little picnic with Jake's family to this really cool little secret park downtown.  There weren't any people there and it's this perfect little park hidden behind some houses.  We went down to see the tulips at Temple Square and they are truly the most beautiful flowers I have ever seen in my life.  If you want to see the tulips, do it now!  They won't look this good in a few days!  You won't regret it.

As far as surgery goes, I am feeling a bit better.  Still really uncomfortable.  I stopped taking pain medication today so it's been a little rough but the pain is becoming more tolerable.  I'm just looking forward to Friday when I get the large plastic things out of my nose!

Here are a few pictures from tonight.  I look a little beat in the pics haha.  It's really hard to smile, but enjoy the pretty flowers!




Jake making "two lips" for the "tulips" 






Cool dude on a cool dude bike







No comments:

Post a Comment