Thursday, April 19, 2012

Cabin Fever

I know I just wrote the other day, but I just wanted to write down a few things about my surgery so I don't forget.  This is my little journal of my surgery.  If you don't care, don't read it!
The night before my surgery, I think I slept an hour total I was so nervous.  The day I had my operation, I felt great and didn't have much pain, due to the anesthesia still being in my system.  I was planning on sleeping all day and didn't sleep at all.  The first night I was up about every half hour and I think slept a total of an hour and a half.  Yesterday I hardly slept at all either.  Needless to say, I was exhausted!  But I think all the drugs I am taking has made it hard to sleep too.  I just feel really loopy all the time.  I woke up yesterday in a lot of pain and my throat felt like knives were being swallowed.  This was because during the operation, they couldn't put an oxygen mask on my face so they had to stick a breathing tube down my throat so it got a little sore.  I slept a little during the day yesterday but not much.
Jake's aunt brought us an amazing dinner and my cute friend Erin brought us dinner for tonight. The whole time Erin was here I was a bit loopy.  Sorry Erin! haha  At about 9:00 I was out of it.  Slept for 15 minutes and was wide awake again.  Jake said ok, time to drug you up so you can sleep tonight.  He brought me a percocet, 800 ibuprofen, and a benadryl and I took all fo them at the same time. I've been feeling pretty good with all the pain meds because I have been eating every time I take it because I have a really weak stomach.  Well, I think I over did it on the meds last night.  About 45 min after I took all those I started shaking, sweating, and getting nauseated.  I told Jake I thought I was going to throw up.  So he brought me a garbage can and a Zofran for the nausea.  Next thing you know I ran into the bathroom and threw up.  I was so scared of hurting my nose but I'm fine and I felt a lot better after except for my throat.  It was KILLING.  But I slept until 4:00 am!  It felt so good!  I took some ibuprofen and went back to sleep.  I took a nice little shower this morning and it felt great.  The Dr. told me today will probably be the worst so I'm trying to keep up on the meds.  Hopefully by tomorrow I'll slowly get to stop taking stupid percocet.
My sister took me to lunch today to get me out of the house.  It was rough but good to get out for a min.

Alright, here is another shameless pic of myself.  There is a plastic splint in my nose that I have to keep in for 10 days.  It's more than uncomfortable.  My nostrils are permanently flared.  Jake was making fun of me today and it hurts so bad to smile.  Poor guy has to look at me haha
I am the scariest human alive, I know. But look at that giant thing up my nose!

Good thing I'm already married, or these pictures might do anything but get me a date!
Also, my amazing husband has had 5 shoulder surgeries.  He has spent the last several months writing a book about the recovery process of surgery.  Let me know if you want a copy.  You can get one here.  It's awesome.  He did all the illustrations too.


No comments:

Post a Comment