Wednesday, December 29, 2010

~Indulge~



This Christmas I have managed to indulge myself in more food than I can handle! Going on a cruise for a week and then coming home to big dinners every night the week of Christmas.  It's ok, we like our pants tight around here!   I have found a new love for cooking.  I have always liked to cook, but living on my own it's hard to cook for one person and I didn't have many cooking tools.  Now that I can cook for two and my kitchen tool collection is well off to a good start, I am one happy girl!  Here are a few things and some staples that I have made this month that we love...

Yummy salads.  The thing I love about salads is the more crap you put on, the better.  This salad was made with an organic spring mix, grilled chicken breast, seasoned in olive oil, salt and pepper, and  a little garlic salt, black beans, corn, mango salsa, and avocado.  I didn't even need to put dressing on it because I used the salsa as dressing--didn't need the extra calories!  Very healthy and filling!



We live on these apple sausages.  They are so yummy and packed with protein.  A few weeks ago we put them on a salad with pomegranates, feta cheese, and for dressing I love to mix  BRIANNAS  strawberry and pomegranate dressings together to create my own dressing.  So yummy!

On the sweeter side...you know how you wander through the mall during the holidays and there is that sweet cinnamon sugary smell that fills the air?  I have the recipe to make those nuts.  Last Monday we had a candy making day at my sisters and I made at least 10 batches of nuts.  They are great gifts to give people and everyone loves them!  There is a little trick to making them though...

I made this beauty for a dinner party at Jake's aunts house last week.  Poppyseed bundt cake.  It was to die for!  Jake's mom asked me to bring it to their friend Christmas party the next day and I made it again on Monday-3 times in less than a week--I'm kind of bundt- caked out for today.  Here is the recipe to this...click on the link, or copy and paste it to your browser. Beware: It's very addicting!
http://sisterscafe.blogspot.com/2009/03/poppyseed-bundt-cake-silpat-giveaway.html



I love chocolate, especially dark chocolate.  On Sunday, I made some hot chocolate with the Cocoa Latte maker, topped it with whip cream and drizzled this on top.  Sooo yummy and no baking involved!






Last but not least, I got this beauty for Christmas.  Unfortunately, my blender is on back order until Feb. Thank goodness we have the magic bullet--no I have never used it!  My mom has always had a Bosch and she loves it.  Can't wait to start cooking up some goodies in this lil' guy.


If you have any recipes you'd like to share, please do!  I always love getting wind of a new recipe!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Danielle! I found your blog! Thanks for the great recipe ideas, I have been trying to cook more and need all the help I can get. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm, those nuts and bundt cake look so yummy! I saw your blog link on facebook, hope it's ok if I add you to my blogroll?

    Two of my favorite recipe blogs are Our Best Bites and Once a Month Mom. Every recipe I have tried of their's has turned out great!

    ReplyDelete