Tuesday, May 31, 2011

umbrella

This is just a little random story, but today I went to TJ Maxx to get an umbrella.  This was my conversation with the cashier:

Ignorant young cashier: An umbrella, well that's not a very exciting thing to buy.  At least it's not raining right now, you could be in Seattle".

Me: Well that's actually where I'm going tomorrow.

Ignorant young cashier: I'm sorry.

Me:  Why?

Ignorant young cashier:  You must be going there to visit family or something.  That doesn't sound fun.

Me:  As a matter of fact I am and I have some pretty awesome family up there.  I'm really excited to just be going on vacation.

This conversation made me laugh.  Some people just like to be negative.  Rain or not, I'm excited to go on a little adventure to Seattle with Jake.  It's one thing I can mark off my list of places I've wanted to go.

Have you ever had any funny negative conversations with people before?  Leave a comment and tell me about it if you would like.

I hope you're happy the sun is shining because I sure am, and my little flowers are too!

xo

5 comments:

  1. the best is when a 16 year old bank teller told me it looked like i might give birth to an elephant...i was 9 months pregnant. can't wait to see her prego! but hey, i bet Seattle is warmer and maybe even less rain and snow than utah is getting right now! i would love to go there. have so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, what a beast! Good grief! I have always wanted to go to Seattle. I've been to Spokane and Washington is absolutely gorgeous. Have a fun time!!

    I recently was asked by an ex-boyfriend while I was on gmail chat if I was thinking about having kids. (odd question to ask to a former flame in the first place, or talk to me in the first place) Anyway, when I said, "Yes" he then asked me if I was pregnant. When I responded "No. I'm not." He said, "Oh, congrats!!" I said, "Excuse me? Come again? What if I had been trying for years and was unable to have children? That's a pretty inconsiderate way to respond when you have no idea! Congrats?!?" All he said was, "Sorry, I'm in a weird mood." Needless to say that conversation ended. What an absolute douche.

    ReplyDelete
  3. um seattle is amazballs and so much fun! I'm way jealous and wish i could be going there right now.
    and p.s. little cashier it doesn't rain that much there except for the winter and when it does its a drizzle not a down pour like here, and it doesn't snow, and they have way better shopping and restaurants, and the space needle. Ha so there.
    Have fun...wish i was going with you
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seattle is beautiful!! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a weirdo. Seriously, who says that?!

    I have always wanted to go to Seattle! Ryan goes for work all the time and tells me how beautiful it is.

    Have an amazing trip, and enjoy every second of your lovely vacation!

    ReplyDelete