Thursday, June 30, 2011

goodbye june...

June came and went so fast! I can't believe tomorrow is July 1st!  Even though I am working, we have managed to fit a few fun activities in the mix.  We had a wedding in the family, BBQ's, Jake's work Lagoon day, and a few fun activities at school to end the year out right!  Tomorrow is my last day of school.  I'm really sad.  I had a really cute class this year. Full of life, energy, and hilarious stories to come home and tell the fam.  It's hard when you get so emotionally attached and then have to start all over in three weeks.
Here are a few pictures to share...

Jake's work had a family Lagoon day.  Always some good people watching there. 

Jake's little brother Kyle got married last Saturday.  It was such a PERFECT beautiful day.  They had their reception in this darling little lodge called "Snowed Inn" right on Park City Mountain Resort.  They had to shuttle people up there because you couldn't drive cars up.  It was a party! 

This picture makes me smile.  My class LOVED doing chalk art.  The simple pleasures.  The giggles they had tracing each other's bodies was my favorite.  

I'm giving my class these little treat bags with Swedish fish that say You are o"fish"ally a second grader!   I'm going to miss these little rugrats!


Something else that has been consuming all my energy lately is this cleanse I am doing for two weeks.  I have had a cough for about five years and been to the Dr. numerous times but have never found a solution.  My mom has a friend with a daughter who has had the same thing.  She found out she had something called Candida.  I looked up online all the symptoms and I had most of them.  SO I am doing something called the Candida diet.  Basically I can't eat sugar, bread, yeast, or fruit for two weeks.  I've had a few people say well, what do you eat?  I kind of laugh because I still eat most of the same foods I eat already minus bread, dairy, fruit and the occasional treat.  Yes, it's tough but it's not as bad as I thought it would be-but I'm only on day 3 today.  I was worried that I would get a little sick but so far I have felt great!  I've been a little hungry because I'm eating a lot less.  But I have been eating a ton of Quinoa (this is the best grain ever and very good for you too.  It's a good alternative to rice), red and yellow peppers, spinach, meat, asparagus, avocado, celery with almond butter (a healthy alternative to peanut butter).  I have also been cooking with coconut oil.  This is supposedly really good for cardiovascular health.  I am so grateful that I was raised with a family with really healthy eating habits.  If I ate crap and fast food every day of my life this diet would be super hard, but since I generally eat pretty healthy I'm feelin' great and maybe even convincing Jake to go on a "cleanse" next week.  I'd modify it for him but he said, yeah I'll wait after the 4th of July.  I said there's NEVER a good time to start a diet. So I'm holding you to it Jake!  So hopefully with all this good eating and herb supplements, I will get rid of this nasty infection in my body.  Another plus is that I've lost a few lb's.  haha It's all about self control and I haven't cheated. Not even a little bit.


One last thing...I know most of you watch the Bachelorette.  I'm sorry but Ashley just bugs me.  There's not much to her and she's kind of dumb.  And yes, I continue to watch it, but she just doesn't really do it for me.  Does anyone else feel the same way or am I crazy??

5 comments:

  1. totally can't stand ashley - but i keep watching too. she's a total mess!
    i really love your blog & think you and jake make such a darling couple.
    hope you are well!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such a cute teacher. I love how much you enjoy teaching your kids and I hope someday that my kids have a teacher who is as passionate as you are! Sounds like you've had a busy summer! That sounds like a healthy diet you are on! I would try dieting, but.....I've got a little bean growing inside me. Maybe in a few months I'll try that! I have a chronic cough too, but I don't think it's yeast related at all. I usually cough only at certain times of day or after certain things. Weird. My dad has it too. I think it's genetic...or a nervous tick haha I don't know. Anyway, Ashley bothers me really, really bad. She just seems to have no substance whatsoever. This season has been really disappointing....and I can't stand her voice or laugh or her bow legs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes, can't stand ashley..or her legs. way to go on the cleanse!! i miss you. i'll be in town on the 22nd! YAY! not for long though. hopefully i can see friends!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't stand Ashley!! She literally drives me crazy, but I anxiously await Monday night every week. Maybe I'm the crazy one?

    Good work on your cleanse! I am glad you are hooked on Quinoa. We love it at our house!

    ps. You are the cutest teacher. I loved those little handouts!

    ReplyDelete