Monday, September 28, 2009

Just a funny thought for the day...

As many of you know, I teach all-day kindergarten.  Every day I have great stories to tell.  Today, I was really getting sick of dealing with tattling. I decided to ask my class if they knew who the president was.  The responses I got were "God", "President Monson", etc. Findally someone said Barack Obama.  I got on the internet, turned on my projector screen so they could all see and pulled up a picture of Barack Obama.  I posted the picture and said: from now on, unless your bleeding or barfing, I don't want to hear it! I printed the picture and put it on one of our walls.  Now, whenever they tattle, I tell them to "go tell the president". I was really interested to see their response when I actually told them that.  One little girl walked up to me and proceeded to tattle. My hand stopped her and I told her to "go tell the president".  She stormed over to the picture and stopped, a little embarrassed she turned her head and looked at me. I think she got the hint. She was pretty embarrassed so maybe she will stop tattling-along with the rest of my class!

No comments:

Post a Comment